Monday, March 03, 2008

My comment to CBC on the election

Posted to Alberta Votes 2008:

Sean Campbell (Calgary) wrote:

Tonight I once again experienced the sinking feeling I had in the pit of my stomach on November 11 2004 when George W Bush was re-elected by the American people.

The results show a failure both in the opposition parties in Alberta, and a failure of vision in the Albertan people--who seem more interested in pulling the ladder up behind them as they find their own personal success.

What of the working poor in the province? What of the missing royalties, and arrogance of the governing Conservatives?

Apparently being able to say 'We're Number 1' and rub the rest of the country's face in our wealth is more important--and the order of the day.


I had hoped for better from the people of this province.

Sean

No comments: